- Subscribe & Save -
Get a 1-month prescription every month by subscribing for R90/month or paying R240 every 3 months (recurring fee charged to card).
To buy the box of contraceptive pills, use your prescription at any registered pharmacy.
Select a 1, 3, or 6-month prescription
- Choose 'Collect from pharmacy' to receive your script via email & purchase your medication at any pharmacy
How do I get delivery?
- Choose 'Free Delivery' to purchase your medication through Clicks pharmacy (EFT payment details provided after order)
- Medication prices vary from R64 to R290 per pack, depending on the pharmacy's pricing
- Medical aid is accepted; coverage depends on your plan
- Delivery takes 3-5 working days
How to use the oral contraceptive pill
How often do I use this?
One pill is taken per day
What is the Pill Used For?
The common use for the Pill include:
- Prevention of unwanted pregnancies
- Reduction and avoidance of your period
- Improvement of your skin quality and avoidance of excess acne
How Does the Pill Work?
The contraceptive pill supplements your body's naturally occurring sex hormones estrogen and/or progesterone. This then acts to either prevent ovulation and/or implantation.
What are some conditions which make it unsuitable for someone to take the Pill?
Some of the more serious contraindications that will prevent us from prescribing you the oral contraceptive are:
- If you have a history of blood clots
- If you have a family history of breast cancer
- If you are currently pregnant
- If you are extremely overweight (BMI > 35)
- If you drink or smoke heavily
- If you have had a heart attack or any other serious medical condition