In this article, we will look at how Yasmin contraceptive pills work, their benefits, potential side effects, so that you can make the best decisions for your contraceptive health.
Some Quick facts:
What does it contain?
Yasmin birth control pills contain 2 hormones: drospirenone (a progestin) and ethinyl estradiol (an estrogen)
Most pharmacies including popular ones like Clicks and Dischem Pharmacy usually have stock
You can get this pill prescribed by your doctor in person or choose a telehealth service online
To find out the price of Yasmin pills at most pharmacies you can visit the link
Works well at preventing pregnancy compared to some other birth control methods
Instructions on how to take Yasmin
- Start YASMIN on the first day of your menstrual period (day 1 of your cycle).
- Use the silver section of the pack and pick the tablet marked with the appropriate day of the week (e.g., "MO" for Monday).
- Take the tablet whole with some liquid.
- Then, take one tablet daily for 28 days following the arrows on the pack.
- You can take the tablet at any time of day, but try to stick to the same time each day.
- Expect withdrawal bleeding to begin around day 2 or 3 after starting the inactive (hormone-free) tablets. It may not finish before you start the next pack.
- Start the next pack the day after the last tablet of the current pack.
- If you start YASMIN later in the week, the first cycle may be a bit shorter.
Yasmin Side Effects
The following side effects are not experienced by all South African females who use Yasmin birth control pills. If you are concerned about side effects, talk to your doctor about the risks of this pill.
- Nausea and Vomiting: Some individuals may experience nausea or even vomiting
- Breast Tenderness: You might notice increased sensitivity or tenderness in your breasts.
- Headache: Headaches can be a side effect for some
- Mood Changes: The pill can impact your mood, leading to mood swings or changes in your emotional state.
- Fatigue or Irritability: Some individuals may feel more tired or irritable
- Weight Gain: It's possible to experience weight gain while on Yasmin.
- Changes in Menstrual Periods: Yasmin may alter your menstrual cycle, causing changes in the flow, duration, or regularity of your periods.
- Decreased Sex Drive: In some cases, it can affect your sex drive, leading to a decreased interest in sexual activity.
While Yasmin's primary purpose is pregnancy prevention, it provides a range of additional benefits that prove valuable for many South African women in managing various health issues.
- Reduced Endometrium Thickness: This pill may thin out uterine tissue, which may lead to lighter periods and a decreased risk of endometrial cancer.
- Cycle Control: It can also make your menstrual cycle more predictable. During the days of the placebo, some users might not have any bleeding, while others might have brief, tolerable periods.
- Lessened PMS Symptoms: Yasmin can lessen PMS symptoms, which can help many women experience fewer headaches, cramps, swelling, acne, and nausea.
The difference between Yasmin and Yasmin Plus
In South Africa, two popular oral contraceptive pill brands, Yasmin and Yasmin Plus, are available. However, some women might find it confusing to discern the differences between these two contraceptive options.
So here's the difference between the two: Yasmin Plus contains ethinylestradiol, the progestogen drospirenone, and the vitamin levomefolate calcium while Yasmin contains only estrogen (ethinyl estradiol) and a progestin (drospirenone).
The purpose of levomefolate calcium in birth control pills is to mitigate the risk of folate deficiency in women who are taking the contraceptive. Folate is essential for cell growth and development, and it plays a crucial role in preventing birth defects, especially neural tube defects, in developing fetuses.
Can I get it online?
Wondering if you can get a Yasmin prescription online? The answer is yes, thanks to online services like Get My Pill in South Africa.
Imagine this: You can now access your healthcare without leaving your cozy space. Whether you want your pills delivered right to your doorstep or some pro guidance from licensed medical professionals, it's all online!
How to get the Yasmin birth control pills online
|Quick Questionnaire: Complete a brief 2-minute health questionnaire. You can either pick your preferred contraception brand (like Yasmin) or let our clinical experts recommend one for you.|
|Licensed Prescription: Once your request is approved, our licensed providers will evaluate it and issue a prescription if all checks out.|
|Choice of Purchase: Armed with your prescription, you can choose to get your medication either at a local pharmacy or conveniently through our delivery partner, Clicks Pharmacy, with the added bonus of free delivery. Your pick, your convenience! 📋💼🚚|
This article's information is not meant to be taken as health or medical advice; rather, it is meant for educational and informational purposes only. If you have any concerns about a health objective or a medical condition, always seek the advice of a doctor or other qualified health provider (link).
Where can I find Yasmin tablet reviews?
When it comes to any medication, hearing from people who've actually used it can be super helpful. Yasmin, the birth control pill, has had its fair share of reviews. Remember, everyone's experience is different, but if you want to read some user reviews you can visit the link.
Can taking the Yasmin pill make me gain weight?
Weight gain is a possible side effect of Yasmin, although it doesn't happen to everyone, and the extent of weight gain can vary from person to person. The weight gain associated with Yasmin is often attributed to fluid retention, increased appetite, or changes in metabolism.