Yaz Plus Pills in South Africa: A Woman's Guide
If you're curious about what the Yaz pill has to offer, you're in for an enlightening journey. In this article, we will look at how Yaz Plus contraceptive pills work, their benefits, potential side effects, and risks associated with their use.
Some Quick Facts
What does it contain?
Yaz Plus is a combination oral contraceptive (COC). It combines 3 hormones, drospirenone (a progestin) ethinyl estradiol (an estrogen), and levomefolate (the active form of folic acid)
Approved for pregnancy prevention and can be used to treat other medical conditions such as premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) and acne.
A prescription is needed from a licensed doctor to purchase the contraceptive pill.
You can get Yaz Plus from your doctor in person or choose a telehealth service online
Table of Content
- Instructions/How to use
- Side effects
- How to get the Yaz Plus pill online
Yaz Plus Instructions: How to take this contraceptive pill
Here's how you can use the Yaz pill effectively. To get the full information on the instructions or how to use it you can visit the link: How does this medication work
- Take one pink hormone-containing tablet daily for 24 days. 📆
- Follow a consistent schedule, like with a meal 🍽️ or at bedtime 🌙.
- Then, take one light orange, hormone-free tablet daily for 4 days. 🟠
- Start a new package immediately after the light orange tablets. 🆕
- Begin the new package on the same day of the week as your last one. 📅
- You may start the new package even if you're still menstruating. 💁♀️🩸
When to start taking Yaz plus
- Begin the first course on the first day of your menstrual period 🩸, using the tablet labeled for the corresponding day of the week (e.g., "MO" for Monday) from the silver section of the pack. 📆
- Take one tablet daily for 28 consecutive days. 💊
- Swallow the tablet whole with liquid. 🥤
- Follow the arrow directions on the pack for the next 28 days. ➡️
- The specific time of day doesn't matter, but consistency is important. ⏰.
- Start the next pack immediately after finishing the current one. 🆕
- Expect a withdrawal bleed around day 2 to 3 after starting the hormone-free light orange tablets, which may continue into the next pack. 🩸🟠
Yaz Plus side effects
The following side effects are not experienced by all South African females who use the Yaz Plus contraceptive pill. If you are concerned about side effects, talk to your doctor about the risks of this pill.
- Abdominal Cramps: Some individuals may experience mild abdominal discomfort or cramps.
- Headache: Headaches are among the less common side effects but can still occur.
- Back or Abdominal Pain: Mild back or abdominal pain can occur in some users.
- Bloating: A feeling of abdominal fullness or bloating may be observed.
- Breast Enlargement or Tenderness: The breasts may become larger or tender in response to hormonal changes.
- Change in Appetite: Some people might notice changes in their appetite while taking Yaz Plus.
- Changed Interest in Sexual Activity: Hormonal contraceptives can affect libido in some individuals.
Yaz Plus benefits
Although its primary role and benefit is to prevent pregnancy, Yaz Plus offers a range of additional benefits that assist numerous South African women in addressing various health concerns:
- Effective Pregnancy Prevention: Yaz Plus prevents pregnancy by suppressing ovulation, thickening cervical mucus, and altering the uterine lining.
- Reduced Menstrual Symptoms: Many users experience lighter, less painful periods, and relief from symptoms like heavy bleeding, cramps, and irregular cycles.
- Lower Risk of Ovarian Cysts: It may reduce the risk of ovarian cysts by preventing ovulation.
- PMDD Management: Approved for treating PMDD, it eases mood swings, irritability, and physical symptoms associated with severe PMS
- Cancer Risk Reduction: Some studies suggest a lower risk of ovarian and endometrial cancers with long-term use.
It's important to remember that Individual experiences may vary, and Yaz Plus should be used under healthcare provider guidance due to potential side effects and risks. Consult a healthcare professional to assess its suitability for your specific health needs.
How to get the Yaz Plus pill online
You can now access your healthcare without leaving your cozy space. Whether you want your pills delivered right to your doorstep or some pro guidance from licensed medical professionals, it's all online!
Here is how you can get your contraceptive medication from Get My Pill:
Complete a brief 2-minute health questionnaire. You can either pick your preferred contraception brand (like Yaz Plus) or let our clinical experts recommend one for you.
Once your request is approved, our licensed providers will evaluate it and issue a prescription if all checks out.
Choice of Purchase
With your prescription, you can choose to get your medication either at a local pharmacy or conveniently through our delivery partner, Clicks Pharmacy, with the added bonus of free delivery. Your pick, your convenience! 📋💼🚚
Yaz Plus FAQs: Insights for South African Females
What is the difference between the Yaz and Yaz Plus contraceptive pill brands?
Yaz Plus and Yaz share the same doses of drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol. Both are contraceptives approved to prevent pregnancy, treat PMDD, and manage acne. However, Yaz Plus, in addition to these, contains levomefolate (a form of folic acid), which is crucial for preventing birth defects during pregnancy. If you plan to conceive shortly after stopping birth control or are concerned about accidental pregnancy, discuss the option of a folic acid-containing contraceptive with your healthcare provider
Can Yaz birth control help with weight loss?
Yaz birth control is not typically prescribed or known for its role in weight loss. While clinical trials have revealed that some people did gain weight while taking Yaz, it is important to remember that weight management is a complex issue influenced by a variety of factors such as diet, physical activity, genetics, and metabolism. While some people may experience weight changes while using hormonal contraceptives such as Yaz, these changes are usually minor and vary from person to person.
Does Yaz Plus cause your period to stop?
Yaz Plus, like many other hormonal combination contraceptives, works to control and lighten your menstrual cycles rather than completely stopping them. Usually, it doesn't completely stop your periods. For many users, it frequently results in shorter, lighter, and less painful periods.
Where can I find some reviews on the Yaz Plus pill?
When it comes to any medication, hearing from people who've actually used it can be super helpful. Yaz Plus, the birth control pill, has had its fair share of reviews. Remember, everyone's experience is different, but if you want to read some user reviews you can visit the link (It's important to keep in mind that this medication also goes by the name beyaz, but it has the same active ingredients and is sold in South African pharmacies under the brand name "Yaz Plus.").
This article's information is not meant to be taken as health or medical advice; rather, it is meant for educational and informational purposes only. If you have any concerns about a health objective or a medical condition, always seek the advice of a doctor or other qualified health provider (link).